Sunday, January 01, 2006

In Memory

This Blog is dedicated to my Great-Aunts and Great-Uncles which I will probably never meet. They are either missing, died in a fire in 1945, or murdered. The following posts will be a journey of telling the story of West Virginia's most famous unsolved mystery...The Sodder Family Tragedy.






The billboard that gave my Great-Grandfather and Great-Grandmother hope that they would find their children.

Maurice Sodder, 14 years old on December 25, 1945.

Martha Lee Sodder, 12 years old on December 25, 1945.

Louis Sodder, 9 years old on December 25, 1945.

Jennie Sodder, 8 years old on December 25, 1945.

Betty Sodder, 5 years old on December 25, 1945.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be working on writing the story of the fire and the theories of what happened to the children. I will post interesting facts about the case here and my experience through the process.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancye1962 said...

Hi,
I found your blog on the Souder family, and first, wanted to say that I have been fascinated with this story ever since I first read about it. Well, not fascinated. That's not really an appropriate term. Very interested, and have followed along all the stories I could find, etc. Anyway, I'd be happy to help you with your project, if you still need help.
The second thing I wanted to ask you about, is, because I have been doing genealogy for over 20 years, I saw your last name of Bandy, (my mother's maiden name) and wanted to write and see if I could find out your Bandy lineage. My own Bandy lineage has been a wreck trying to follow, unlike my husband's Bishop line- they have been a breeze to research compared to my own lines. Anyway, I just wanted to write, and see if you know anything about how far back your line in the Bandy's goes, and to let you know I'd be happy to help you in anyway I can with your undertaking. I fully support what you are doing, and I have a lot of my own opinions about the case. I do this on a regular basis, networking for missing people, etc. Have been for years now.

If you see this and reply, I'll get you my contact information. Thanks again.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Melody and I just heard about this sad story for the first time. I am new to researching family history as my family disowned my mother. I would love to help you. These parents loved their kids and wanted them. Had your family done DNA testing? So much information can be found out now that maybe was not available when this first happened. I'm praying that you find answers. Melody Meyung

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home